Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Lonely Little Birdie

Today my mom, Ethan, and I visited Mema at her nursing home in Bryant. She was in good spirits, but still whispered when she talked. My mom brought the video camera and we recorded Mema singing "The Lonely Little Birdie" to Ethan. My mom & I were so touched to hear her sing to Ethan, especially that sweet song! My heart was filled with sorrow and happiness at the same time! It was heartbreaking because it’s difficult to see my Mema like this, but happy because she is not in any pain and she still is in good spirits. It’s also great that I’m still able to spend time with her and that Ethan gets to meet his Great Grandmother! My mom said that Mema sang this to her years ago when she was a little girl!

This is now my special song that my mom sang to me growing up and even now as an adult! My mom used to sing this song to me when I needed comfort or had trouble going to sleep. Even as an adult, this song is able to help soothe my most anxious moments and relieve stress! (My mom sang it to me the night before my wedding @ 2am when I was up having an anxiety attack!) And see...everything worked out wonderful! :0)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home