Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Labor Pains

The nurses finally got my potocin started and Dr. Singleton came in and broke my water....that was soooo wierd and gross. I hope next time that it breaks that I'm standing up! The contractions were coming, but I still could not feel them...until about 5 minutes after my water broke. They were coming really fast then and hurting. Then, all of a sudden, the monitors and everything stopped working and we had to move to another room. They stopped the potocin after only 10 minutes and I was having contractions about every 3-4 minutes.

Then the epidural drama started! The anesthesiologist tried two different times, while I was in active labor to start the epidural. Unbelieveable!!! I was trying to hold extra still, but the contractions were coming every 1-2 minutes. The nurse wasn't even there to help me breath correctly. So, I was just crying my way through the contractions. I remember saying, "I can't have this baby without an epidural!" Randy, went to get my mom & his mom because it was almost time to push!


The nurse did a great job to calm and focus my attention! The easy part...pushing...HAHAHA

They came in the room and stood behind my shoulders and about 5 minutes later, I could feel that I needed to push. It actually felt good to push and I was in complete control of myself. My mom said, "Girl, you are a wonder woman." I only had to push for 15 minutes and we had a healthy, beautiful baby boy. Ann was so proud and said, "You did awesome!" I felt so accomplished and delighted to see my baby. It was all so surreal and amazing to see that the baby that we created and that kicked me all the time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home