Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Happy Birthday

Ethan getting warm under the incubator!

Even the first day, I think we bonded, mother & son.

We loved you so much, right from the beginning! What a great, loving daddy you have!

What a wonderful birthday! February 7, 2006 at 11:35 a.m. You weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces and were 19 inches long. I remember being so in love from the moment I looked at you...it was like I already had memorized your face and I had knew you all along. One of my first questions was, "When do I get to breastfeed?" They said as soon as you like..but we decided to let everyone come in first and see and hold you. It was about 1 hour after birth that I breastfeed you for the first time and it was wonderful. You latched so well and really enjoyed feeding. It was such a great bonding experience and I loved being able to give you the gift of breast milk.

The day seemed to go really fast, but I still remember a lot about that day. Like that Dustin came to visit you all the way from Fayetteville and then drove back the same night. What a great uncle he is! I remember that Melissa & Ann went to Denny's to get me a Superbird for dinner! YUMMY....and I was starving, even though I had eaten the cafetaria food just a few hours earlier. I remember not wanting them to take you to the nursery, even though I was exhausted. What a great first day we all had, just looking at you and learning about you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home