Thursday, February 09, 2006

First Week

It seemed a never ending time warp with a continuous three hour rotation of breastfeeding 40minutes, diaper change 5 minutes, stay awake 30 minutes, cry 30 minutes, sleep 45 minutes. I was so glad to have read the book "BabyWise" because I actually knew why you were crying and when you were hungry or sleepy. I was exhausted from giving birth and being on round the clock feeding duty and I remember my hands hurting from changing all those diapers. I didn't even have the energy to change you into to all those cute clothes that I had bought! I cherished the sleep I got and tried to rest when you were napping, but usually we had company and I felt obligated to visit. Everyone was really nice and brought great food, but I would have rather been sleeping! Something that was really neat is that it snowed that first week that you were home....we tried to take a picture, but you can't really see the snow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home